Top Tips for Walkers
If you're an experienced walker, these tips will be familiar to you. If you have any more you'd like to add, please email us using the contact form.
- Plan your route and take a map. (Maps on mobile phones are great, but the signal can be flakey in these rural parts!)
- Wear comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear. Several light layers are better than one big sweater.
- Take a drink and a snack, or packed lunch on a longer walk. A little refreshment can be a real morale-booster when the going gets tough.
- Bring the sunscreen - it's easy to get burnt even when the sun's not shining.
- If you're on a guided walk, arrive 10 minutes before your walk starts.